Saturday, December 30, 2006

Resolutions ...

I typically do a *monthly* resolution where I pick a month and try to change something about myself or restrict myself on something. Since a year is so long and I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to keep something up for the entire time. So, here is the list. And I'll look back to this post at the end of the year ... maybe ...

January: Internet At Home (includes BlackBerry data) Free
February: Sleep In Free
March: Sugar Free
April: Clean Apartment
May: Credit Card Free
June: Essential Car Travel Only
July: "Luxury" Spending Free
August: Resolution Free!
September: Brown Bag (bring in lunch)
October: No Overtime
November: Alcohol Free
December: No TV

I don't expect some of the months (January) to work well.

A few little notes:
* Blogging in January is going to be difficult - but we shall see how it goes.
* Sugar free means no processed sugars. Natural sugars such as oranges are ok
* Sleep in free is weekdays no getting into work past 9:00 am
* Credit Card free: regular monthly billing charged at a credit card is acceptable
* Essential car travel includes grocery shopping, anything that isn't within walking distance - other modes of transit also work
* No Overtime: Work what you are scheduled for - no more, no less
* The main reason behind the "No TV Month" is simply that I have a growing stack of unopened and sealed DVDs that I have yet to watch

No comments: