Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Toy ...

... I just got a new blood glucose meter.

I've been with the Abbott FreeStyle line since I was diagnosed in early 2008. But the new Contour USB Meter caught my attention about a year or so ago when it was initially approved by the FDA. The device intrigued me as it was a USB stick. And I HATE keeping my readings via a log book with a pen and paper. I figure that I would simply print out my readings for the last 2 weeks for my doctorb. Ie. less work for me! I finally took the plunge and purchased one for $64.99 today!

I haven't done much with it. I took a reading ... I love the strips! You can actually see the blood fill in the little compartment so you know if there are enough blood, unlike the FreeStyle strips, as it seems that I would simply attempt *guess* if there is enough blood. Other then that, its currently charging and I haven't been able to access the on device software (since I some how uninstalled JRE on my Mac). Once I fix that I'll probably have more to review. But its late and I just remembered I have a tech spec to write for work ... so I'm going to do that and then see if I can get things to work ...

No comments: