Saturday, July 23, 2016

Highlight of the Week(s) (July 2, 2016 - July 22, 2016)

Highlight(s) of the Week(s):

Christmas Movies!


Yes, it was that time of the year again.  Hallmark had their ornament launch in early July.  Every year, they celebrate it by showing TWO weeks of Hallmark Christmas Movies.  Most of them are repeats from last year. But yes, I re-watched several of them. Notable favourites are:

* November Christmas
* The Christmas Secret
* The Christmas Note ('sequel' or set in the same town as Christmas Secret)
* A Christmas Melody (Yes, the same one that was directed by Mariah Carey!)

The one movie that I really did not appreciate was:
* The Christmas Blessing

Spoiler Alert: This had the makings of a great movie.  A young Angus T. Jones (Jake Harper from Two and a Half Men),  and pre-How I Met Your Mother NPH himself! WTF? Seriously, why would you kill off the KID in the Christmas movie during the Christmas season! That one was sad.  I had to watch "A Christmas Melody" to cheer me up because well, it was a Christmas movie directed by Mariah Carey!

The Boy has arrived:

Yes, The Boy is here!  Flew down a couple of weeks ago.  Last weekend we went to a A's game.  As the Blue Jays were visiting.  It was Hello Kitty Bobblehead Day.  We got one, so he now has an awesome souvenir to bring home.

He'll be here for the next few weeks - sleeping on the couch.

Lowlight(s) of the Week(s):

Lack of Updates
So, that didn't last very long.  I did about 3 weeks of highlights of the week and then sort of forgot.  I'm going to use the excuse that I was busy ... but really, I think it may have been laziness or that I'm seriously boring.

No H1B For You
I was formally informed that I did not win the H1B lottery.  Quelle surprise.  Oh well, there is always next year.  Unless Trump is elected and then well, I guess everyone is getting thrown out the country.


No comments: