Friday, February 08, 2008

Mythbuster ...

... I figure I'll start a new label to dis spell any myths about diabetes. Most of them will be in reference to the type-1 diabetes.

In recent days, I have started to let people know that I'm diabetic. They usually have several good questions and a lot of preconceived ideas about this condition. So, I figure I would attempt to correct them in subsequent posts. I believe I may have touched upon some of these myths in previous posts. But I'd like to re-enforce them.

I've also been doing a lot of reading. There is a ton of information about diabetes out there and I probably haven't even scratched the surface. I'll probably end up doing some sort of book reviews in the upcoming days, if I don't feel lazy ... or ill (I have a bit of a cold).

No comments: