Friday, February 08, 2008

Neighbours Down South ...

... Yesterday Mitt Romney suspended his campaign bid for the nomination for the Republican Party, essentially handing the Republican nomination to John McCain.

[Quick Note: For those who don't really know me, I sort of have a liking to politics. It intrigues me. I certainly am a right-wing Conservative when it comes to finances. However, when it comes to the social issues, I am certainly not right-wing.]

So the Republican nomination is of great interest to me. Actually U.S. politics is of great interest to me. Because they are our largest trading partner we have to watch and see who the American elect and what kind of person s/he is and where s/he is going to lead the country. Just look at what George W. Bush has done in the like 8 years.

I'm happy that Romney suspended his campaign. I'm a big John McCain fan and I believe that he will do America a lot of good. On the Democrat side of things, Barak Obama and Hilary Clinton continue to duke it out. It is my belief that there will NOT be a 'dream ticket' of Obama and Clinton or vice versa.

Here are my predictions.
I think that if Clinton wins the Democrat nomination. McCain will manage to be elected President. For the last 20 years (5 terms), the White House has had a Bush or a Clinton in it. America truly needs a change and I believe people will truly see that.

If Obama wins, he will become the next President. It comes down to change yet again. McCain is a 4-term Senator and has been in Washington for quite some time. Obama has been a Senator for 1-term. He is also very charismatic and has the ability to truly captivate a crowd. He would be an excellent leader.

No matter what there will be something good that comes out of this ... George W. Bush will no longer be President.

No comments: