Sunday, February 05, 2012

At The Waterhole!

Some of you may have remembered the last crazy puzzle I did ...
It was 9,000 pieces of "The Wedding Feast of Cana."

I got a new one! Its called "At The Waterhole"!
Came in 4 bags, but you know me! Gotta mix 'em up real good before starting out!
We moved around our furniture to give ourselves more room. The finished puzzle is about 9' by 7'!
So, now I sort. I figure by Saturday I should have a few piles of pieces sorted. Hopefully all of the edge pieces! I've found a corner already!!! Its the lower passenger side corner.

The Estimate:
Based on the 9,000 piece puzzle, I figure it'll take me (and some family and friends) about 6 months. There is not anything that overly blue. The 9,000 piece puzzle took about 5 months ... but there was about 2,000 pieces of blue. That took me about 3-4 weeks alone. But I'm not sure how the massive elephant will turn out!

I hope to make frequent updates (weekly possibly?) with pictures of my progress!

3 comments:

Chris said...

That is an 18000-piece puzzle. How big will it end up being???????

Keizo said...

The box says 7 feet high and 9 feet wide.

Its going to be a big one!

Anonymous said...

I like puzzles! Remeber the time we did puzzles instead of studying for exams? That was fun!