Saturday, June 18, 2016

Not Quite a Superfan! ...

... but maybe some what close.  Back in May when the Toronto Blue Jays played in San Francisco.  Crystal and I had to go (not just to 1 game, to ALL 3 games!)


Holy cow are Jays fans crazy.  There wasn't just a few of us, there was A LOT of us.  I thought I was a super fan, but alas, I only had to take a 1-hour train ride and a 20-minute bus/train ride from my apartment.  Almost everyone else actually flew down from Canada!

For each of the games, I had selected specific seats in specific sections via Stubhub.  Since there does not seem to be anything available from their site.  The prices were very reasonable and even below cost in some cases.

Game 1:
So, we had decided to treat ourselves to some INCREDIBLE seats!  Row 1, right behind home plate! Seriously.  The Super Bowl has sort of skewed my ticket values, and that's not a good thing.  So, you are allowed underneath the stadium in the tunnel. And you can go to where the visitor's dugout is and look who was walking by!

Edwin!
In theory, if I wanted to, I could have simply waited around there to see the players go in and out of the clubhouse.  But you gotta watch the game if you sitting RIGHT BEHIND home plate.
Look its me taking a picture of me on TV.
Not only that, the umpires come out right in front of you before and after the game. Lucky, "Cowboy" Joe West, Angel Hernandez or C. B. Bucknor were not umping the game.
Umpire heading out before the game

Post Game Photo

Pre-Game 2:
Instead of taking the CalTrain back and forth from the City, we actually spent two nights in San Francisco.  Crystal really had not been to SF yet.  So we decided to head down to Pier 39.  Word to the wise, do NOT get a churro and eat it near the dock.  The seagulls will dive in and attempt to grab it from you.

This is the seagull that attacked me!  I know who you are!!

Look at all them sea lions!

Game 2:
Bullpen side, 3rd row.

I got tickets for Matt L. and Sarah! Blue Jays won.  Osuna and Chavez seemed to get into it while warming up.  It was great catching up with Matt and Sarah, I haven't seen them since Birthgivingfest.

View from our seats

Why can't we all be friends?


Game 3:
Outfield seats!

So, if you know Crystal, she does not like to be on camera. She really didn't appreciate that she was potentially going to be on TV.  So, I had figured that there was no way that we would be on TV in the outfield. I guess I was wrong.  Courtesy of Lee (again), he snapped a pic of the broadcast. And yes, you should go and get your 2016 Authentic Jersey with 40th Sleeve Patch.  We only have the replica.

We were given bonus baseball!  Although the Blue Jays lost in 11, but at the time it was expected since their bullpen was pretty terrible except for Osuna.
View from our seats
The girl laying down behind us?
Yes, she is really hung over. HAHA

Summary:
If you do go to AT&T Park for a game.  Here are a few recommendations.
1. Get some ballpark food.  Its good!  Their garlic fries are awesome. The nachos is ridiculously good.  There is a 'food plaza' in centre field. Check that out.
Assuming its organic ... so its healthy for you.
2. If you go to a night game, bring a jacket or sweater!  Even in July/August.  It gets cold and its gets windy.  You will not be very comfortable.

Crystal and I had a great time. We got to explore a very tiny part of the city and we will probably be doing another weekend in the City in the summer some time.  Blue Jays won the series ... and well now they are playing much better.

Yes, I know this is pretty late but I will try to do better with these updates (I'm working on the Stanley Cup Finals one now).

No comments: