Saturday, June 25, 2016

Highlight of the Week (June 18, 2016 - June 24, 2016)

Highlight:
Game 7 Ticket ... on my phone.
Seventh Heaven!!!! Wow.  That was pretty awesome. Winner-take-all game.  The Cavs managed to beat out the Warriors in a close game 7. Warriors couldn't close it out.  But when you don't score in the last 4:39, then I don't think you should win ;)  NBA Commissioner Adam Silver was booed as well.  I guess its simply customary to boo the commissioner of the sports league.

Trophy Presentation
We should up to the game pretty early. The A's were playing and the game was going to be let out just before game 7 starts. So, there was a 'tailgate' area that the Warriors had setup with face painting and other activities.  They also had the 2015 Larry O'Brien (yah, I had to look it up) Trophy.  You weren't allowed to touch it ... or lick it. I had ask what the consequences would be, and the security guy basically said, well, we can't really do anything about it ... (but I didn't want to find out since I was going to game 7).

You can lick it, they really can't do anything about it
Honourable Mention:

The boys have been super good.  We think Tucker is finally getting it. I managed to walk (and control) him when passing 2 dogs! This was super exciting since its never really happened before. Brodie is literally just being ... Brodie. Super easy to walk, I don't even think I need to hold his leash.


Lowlight of the Week:
Village Falafel closed a few months ago and I have been eagerly anticipating the replacement restaurant. On Monday, we received notice there is a new establishment opening up.  Its "Coconut Joe's Cafe."  Yet again my hopes of an A&W or Jamba Juice or Krispy Kreme have been dashed.  I guess I will wait and see to see if its any good.  Also, still waiting for that remodeling to complete Fresh Pixx - maybe that will be remodeled into an A&W.

Random Moment:
So ... United Kingdom, that's some good work (*sarcasm*). Even though almost everyone told you that its a bad idea. I wonder if Trump can trump that.  Maybe he will just tear up NAFTA and pull out of the WTO - and of course not ratify the TPP. I have to wonder about Trump. Why would you applaud the "Leave" vote when you are in Scotland, where they voted to "Remain"? I guess that's Trump being Trump.

One of the main things I did really appreciated about the referendum was how clear the question was was.
"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?"

Instead of from the 1995 Québec referendum (from Wikipedia):
"Do you agree that Québec should become sovereign after having made a formal offer to Canada for a new economic and political partnership within the scope of the bill respecting the future of Québec and of the agreement signed on June 12, 1995?"

What kind question is that? I don't even know what I'm voting for!?!  At least in that case, since no one actually knew what they were voting for, they voted, "Non." Which is something that you probably always do when you don't understand the question. Just say No.

One Last Thing:
Happy Birthday Rumiko!

No comments: